- Welcome to the website of the Brisbane Junior Chamber of Commerce (“the BJCC“).
- The BJCC does not warrant, guarantee or make any representation regarding the accuracy, adequacy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the information available on this Site (“Information“) or that it is suitable for your intended use. The Information is provided by the BJCC in good faith on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind.
- The Information provided is of a general nature only and should not be used as the basis for making any decision, without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information.
- The Site may contain historical Information that is not current and is provided for reference purposes only.
- The Information does not constitute professional advice.
- The BJCC does not warrant or represent that the Information is free from human or mechanical error, technical inaccuracies or other typographical errors or defects. The use of this Site and the Information is at your own risk.
- The BJCC reserves the right to vary or modify the Information contained on this Site, to change or discontinue any feature or part of this Site, to change the hours of availability and the equipment required to obtain access to this Site, without notice and without liability.
- The BJCC makes no warranties, guarantees or representations that the material in this Site will not cause damage or that the material is free from any computer virus or other defects. It is your responsibility to complete a virus check on any Information downloaded.
- All warranties, representations and implied terms and any liability which may arise in relation to your access to or use of this Site or the Information is expressly excluded to the extent permitted by law.
- The BJCC reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Site at its sole discretion for any reason.
- The BJCC will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Site is available continuously, however the BJCC does not guarantee that access to the Site will be continuous or uninterrupted.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The BJCC is in no way liable to any party for any injury, loss or damage arising out of or related to the use (or the inability to use) the Information on this Site or the selection of goods or services referring to it. Under no circumstances will the BJCC be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damage, including loss of programs or data, loss of business, business interruption, or lost profits. If your use of this Site results in the need for servicing or replacing of equipment, the BJCC will not be liable for those costs.
- Where liability cannot be excluded, to the fullest extent permitted by law any liability incurred by the BJCC is limited to the re-supply of the Information on the Site or the reasonable costs of having the Information re-supplied.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
- You may from time to time be able, through hypertext or other computer links, to gain access to other websites operated either by the BJCC, its affiliates (“Linked Sites“) or other third parties (“Third Party Linked Sites“).
- The copyright in the content of this Site is owned by the BJCC and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- You acknowledge and agree that all content, coding, graphics and Information available on this Site is protected by copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property rights and laws.
- You expressly acknowledge that your use of the Site does not result in you gaining any right, title or interest to the Information or any other aspect of the Site.
- Commercial use of the Site and the Information is expressly prohibited.
- All trade marks and trade names which appear on this Site are proprietary to the BJCC and/or its affiliates. Use of these trade marks without the owner’s consent will infringe the owner’s intellectual property rights. Nothing in this Site should be interpreted as granting any rights to use or distribute any names, logos or trade marks except with the express written consent of the respective owner.
- Any publication of the BJCC’s email addresses on this Site is to facilitate communications relating to the goods and services supplied by the BJCC. It must not be inferred as consent by the BJCC to receive unsolicited commercial electronic messages.
- By accessing and using this Site, you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland, the Federal Court of Australia, and of courts entitled to hear appeals from those Courts. If you access this Site from other jurisdictions, you are additionally responsible for compliance with local laws.
- If a provision (or part of it) is held to be unenforceable or invalid, then it must be interpreted as narrowly as necessary to allow it to be enforceable or valid.
- If a provision (or part of it) cannot be read down, then the provision (or part of it) must be severed from this Agreement and the remaining provisions (and remaining part of the provision) are valid and enforceable.
- A party may exercise its rights at any time and does not waive those even if that party previously waived a breach or default of all or part of the same or other provision or delayed or omitted to exercise its rights.
- A waiver is only effective if it is signed by the party granting the waiver and only to the extent set out in the waiver.
Last updated November 2016
MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In these Terms:
goods means any goods supplied by the BJCC to you;
The BJCC means the Brisbane Junior Chamber of Commerce;
The BJCC Constitution means the BJCC constitution (as amended from time to time);
The BJCC Material includes both print and online material such as the BJCC website, LinkedIn, Facebook page, Instagram and any other website and social media platform used by the BJCC from time to time;
services means any services supplied by the BJCC to you;
Terms means these Terms and Conditions; and
You means you, the person acquiring goods or services from the BJCC.
- Basis of Agreement
- These Terms and the BJCC Constitution (as amended from time to time) apply exclusively to the provision of goods and services by the BJCC to you and cannot be varied or replaced without the BJCC’s written agreement.
- The BJCC may vary or amend these Terms at any time by written notice to you. Any variations or amendments will apply from the date specified in the notice.
- All prices quoted for goods and services exclude GST, unless otherwise specified.
- The BJCC may, from time to time, vary its prices to take account of, amongst other things, any change in the cost of providing the goods and services, by providing prior written notice to you. Any changes to the prices will take effect from the date specified in the notice.
- The BJCC offers fixed term 12-month memberships.
- To be eligible to become a member, you must be over the age of 18 and satisfy the eligibility criteria (if any) in the BJCC constitution.
- A person must apply to the BJCC to become a member. The BJCC must provide written notice to applicants that their application has been accepted or rejected within 14 days.
- You warrant that any information you provide to the BJCC when becoming a member is true and correct. You must provide the BJCC with notice of any change to the information provided on your membership application within 14 days of that change.
- Memberships are not refundable or transferrable unless otherwise agreed by the BJCC.
- Memberships are cancelled within 30 days of your 12-month membership expiring.
- Public liability Insurance
- Members acknowledge that the BJCC has public liability insurance in the sum of $10 million.
- Personal information
By becoming a member, members acknowledge and agree that:
- the BJCC may film and photograph events and that the member consents to the BJCC using their name and image in the BJCC Material without remuneration and for an unlimited period; and
- the BJCC may collect, use, store, record and transmit member’s personal information.
- Except as the Terms specifically state, or as contained in any express warranty provided in relation to the goods or services, these Terms do not include by implication any other term, condition or warranty in respect of the quality, merchantability, acceptability, fitness for purpose, condition, description, assembly, manufacture, design or performance of the goods or services or any contractual remedy for their failure.
- The BJCC is not responsible for any loss or damage and disclaims all liability.
- The BJCC will use its reasonable endeavours to provide the services at the times specified but will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you or any third party for any delays or cancellations including postponed or cancelled events.
- Force Majeure
- The BJCC is not liable in any way howsoever arising to the extent that it is prevented from acting by events beyond its reasonable control including, without limitation, industrial disputes, strikes, lockouts, accident, breakdown, import or export restrictions, acts of God, acts or threats of terrorism or war. If an event of force majeure occurs, The BJCC may suspend or terminate the Agreement by written notice to you.
- The law of Queensland from time to time governs the Terms. The parties agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland, the Federal Court of Australia, and of courts entitled to hear appeals from those Courts.
- The BJCC’s failure to enforce any of these Terms is not to be construed as a waiver of any of the BJCC’s rights.
- If a clause is unenforceable it must be read down to be enforceable or, if it cannot be read down, the term must be severed from the Terms, without affecting the enforceability of the remaining terms.
Last updated November 2016
TICKETING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By opting to purchase tickets to a Brisbane Junior Chamber of Commerce event, you agree to our Ticketing Terms and Conditions. Please note that the Brisbane Junior Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to make changes, revisions and amendments to this set of terms and conditions without notification to you. Such changes will be reflected on our website.
- Proof of purchased event ticket may be requested at the time of admission.
- Tickets are not to be duplicated for the purpose of falsifying entry.
- Proof of age or concession card may be requested.
- The Brisbane Junior Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to refuse entry.
- Brisbane Junior Chamber of Commerce is solely responsible for all issues relating to the sale of tickets. If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact Brisbane Junior Chamber of Commerce on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Latecomers may have to wait to be seated. Doors open at event commencement time.
- Please choose carefully as there are no refunds.
- Tickets cannot be on-sold by any means at a price greater than the purchase price of the ticket. Scalped tickets may be cancelled, and the ticket holder denied entry.
- Any persons who are noisy, drunk, threatening or unruly will be asked to leave the premises.
- The Brisbane Junior Chamber of Commerce has all rights to film, photo and video production of their events.
- If the event is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, Brisbane Junior Chamber of Commerce has the right to reschedule the event or issue a refund less an administration fee which is included in the price of the ticket.
- Brisbane Junior Chamber of Commerce does not take any responsibility to personal/financial damages caused to you at the venue, or for any items lost/stolen/misplaced at the venue. Financial reimbursement claims on these counts will not be entertained
Last updated June 2021