- Welcome to the website of the Queensland Junior Chamber of Commerce trading as the Brisbane Junior Chamber of Commerce (“the BJCC“).
- The BJCC does not warrant, guarantee or make any representation regarding the accuracy, adequacy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the information available on this Site (“Information”) or that it is suitable for your intended use. The Information is provided by the BJCC in good faith on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind.
- The Information provided is of a general nature only and should not be used as the basis for making any decision, without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information.
- The Site may contain historical Information that is not current and is provided for reference purposes only.
- The Information does not constitute professional advice.
- The BJCC does not warrant or represent that the Information is free from human or mechanical error, technical inaccuracies or other typographical errors or defects. The use of this Site and the Information is at your own risk. You need to make your own enquiries to determine if the information or products are appropriate for your intended use.
- The BJCC reserves the right to vary or modify the Information contained on this Site, to change or discontinue any feature or part of this Site, to change the hours of availability and the equipment required to obtain access to this Site, without notice and without liability.
- The BJCC makes no warranties, guarantees or representations that the material in this Site will not cause damage or that the material is free from any computer virus or other defects. It is your responsibility to complete a virus check on any Information downloaded.
- All warranties, representations and implied terms and any liability which may arise in relation to your access to or use of this Site or the Information is expressly excluded to the extent permitted by law.
- The BJCC reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Site at its sole discretion for any reason.
- The BJCC will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Site is available continuously, however the BJCC does not guarantee that access to the Site will be continuous or uninterrupted.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- It is an essential precondition to you using the Site that you agree and accept that the BJCC is not legally responsible for any loss or damage you might suffer related to your use of the Site, whether from errors or from omissions in our documents or information, any goods or services the BJCC may offer or from any other use of the Site. This includes your use or reliance on any third party content, links, comments or advertisements. Your use of, or reliance on, any information or materials on this Site is entirely at your own risk, for which the BJCC shall not be liable.
- The Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and other legislation in Australia may confer rights and remedies on you in relation to our provision of goods and services on the Site which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified (“Non-excludable Rights”). The BJCC does not exclude any Non-excludable Rights but does exclude all other conditions and warranties implied by custom, law or statute to the extent that the BJCC is able to do so.
- Except as provided for by the Non-excludable Rights:
- All content is provided ‘as is’ and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied;
- The BJCC expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose;
- The BJCC does not warrant that the functions contained in any content on the Site or your access to the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that any defects will be corrected or that the Site or the server which stores and transmits content to you are free of viruses or any other harmful components;
- The BJCC does not warrant or make any representation regarding your access to, or the results of your access to, the Site (including any related or linked websites) or any content on the Site in terms of correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise;
- Under no circumstances (including but not limited to any act or omission on the BJCC’s part) will the BJCC be liable for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damages or loss of profits whatsoever which result from any use or access of, or any inability to use or access, the Site. You expressly acknowledge and agree that the BJCC may not exert control over users of the Site or other parties or websites referred to on the Site (including but not limited to individuals referred to on the Site as guests and/or experts) and is not liable either for their opinions or their behaviour, including any information and/or advice and any defamatory statements or offensive conduct;
- The BJCC is not liable for any loss or damage to the extent that it is caused by you; and
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the BJCC excludes any liability to you that may otherwise arise as a result from your use of the Site.
- It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this Site meets your specific, personal requirements. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and the BJCC expressly excludes liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
- You may from time to time be able, through hypertext or other computer links, to gain access to other websites operated either by the BJCC, its affiliates (“Linked Sites”) or other third parties (“Third Party Linked Sites”).
- The copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting in the content of this Site (including, without limitation, the software, design, text and graphics comprised in the Site and the selection and layout of the Site) is owned by the BJCC and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- You acknowledge and agree that all content, coding, graphics and Information available on this Site is protected by copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property rights and laws.
- You expressly acknowledge that your use of the Site does not result in you gaining any right, title or interest to the Information or any other aspect of the Site.
- Commercial use of the Site and the Information is expressly prohibited.
- All trade marks and trade names which appear on this Site are proprietary to the BJCC and/or its affiliates. Use of these trade marks without the owner’s consent will infringe the owner’s intellectual property rights. Nothing in this Site should be interpreted as granting any rights to use or distribute any names, logos or trade marks except with the express written consent of the respective owner.
- The BJCC is fully compliant with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the BJCC will not send you promotional material if you do not want it sent to you. The BJCC will not forward your email address to any third parties without your express permission.
- Any publication of the BJCC’s email addresses on this Site is to facilitate communications relating to the goods and services supplied by the BJCC. It must not be inferred as consent by the BJCC to receive unsolicited commercial electronic messages.
- By accessing and using this Site, you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland, the Federal Court of Australia, and of courts entitled to hear appeals from those Courts. If you access this Site from other jurisdictions, you are additionally responsible for compliance with local laws.
- If a provision (or part of it) is held to be unenforceable or invalid, then it must be interpreted as narrowly as necessary to allow it to be enforceable or valid.
- If a provision (or part of it) cannot be read down, then the provision (or part of it) must be severed from this Agreement and the remaining provisions (and remaining part of the provision) are valid and enforceable.
- A party may exercise its rights at any time and does not waive those even if that party previously waived a breach or default of all or part of the same or other provision or delayed or omitted to exercise its rights.
- A waiver is only effective if it is signed by the party granting the waiver and only to the extent set out in the waiver.
Last updated March 2022
MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- In these Terms:
- goods means any goods supplied by the BJCC to you;
- services means any services supplied by the BJCC to you;
- terms means these Terms and Conditions;
- the BJCC means the Brisbane Junior Chamber of Commerce;
- the BJCC Association Rules means the BJCC association rules (as amended from time to time);
- the BJCC Material includes both print and online material such as the BJCC Site, LinkedIn, Facebook page, Instagram and any other website and social media platform used by the BJCC from time to time;
- the Code means the BJCC Code of Conduct (as amended from time to time); and
- you means you, the person acquiring goods or services from the BJCC.
Basis of Agreement
- These Terms and the BJCC Association Rules (as amended from time to time) apply exclusively to the provision of goods and services by the BJCC to you and cannot be varied or replaced without the BJCC’s prior written agreement.
- The BJCC may vary or amend these Terms at any time by written notice to you. Any variations or amendments will apply from the date specified in the notice.
- All prices quoted for goods and services exclude GST unless otherwise specified.
- The BJCC may, from time to time, vary its prices to take account of, amongst other things, any change in the cost of providing the goods and services, by providing prior written notice to you. Any changes to the prices will take effect from the date specified in the notice.
- The BJCC offers the following three membership options:
- BJCC Membership (12-month fixed-term membership that expires after one year)
- BJCC Monthly Membership (month-by-month membership via auto-renew).
- To be eligible to become a member, you must be over the age of 18 and satisfy the eligibility criteria (if any) in the BJCC Association Rules.
- A person must apply to the BJCC to become a member. The BJCC must provide written notice to applicants that their application has been accepted or rejected within 14 days of receipt of the written notice.
- You accept the BJCC Code of Conduct and warrant that you will conduct yourself in line with the purpose and values contained within the Code.
- You warrant that any information you provide to the BJCC when becoming a member is true and correct.
- You must provide the BJCC with notice of any change to the information provided on your membership application within 14 days of that change.
- Memberships are not refundable or transferrable unless otherwise agreed by the BJCC.
- Memberships are cancelled within 30 days of your 12-month membership expiring.
Public liability insurance
- Members acknowledge that the BJCC has and will maintain a public liability insurance policy in the sum of $20 million.
- By becoming a member, members acknowledge and agree that:
- the BJCC may film and photograph events and that the member consents to the BJCC using their name and image in the BJCC Material without remuneration and for an unlimited period; and
- the BJCC may collect, use, store, record and transmit member’s personal information.
- Except as the Terms specifically state, or as contained in any express warranty provided in relation to the goods or services, these Terms do not include by implication any other term, condition or warranty in respect of the quality, merchantability, acceptability, fitness for purpose, condition, description, assembly, manufacture, design or performance of the goods or services or any contractual remedy for their failure.
- The BJCC is not responsible for any loss or damage and disclaims all liability.
- The BJCC will use its reasonable endeavours to provide the services at the times specified but will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you or any third party for any delays or cancellations including postponed or cancelled events.
- The BJCC is not liable in any way howsoever arising to the extent that it is prevented from acting by events beyond its reasonable control including, without limitation, industrial disputes, strikes, lockouts, accident, breakdown, import or export restrictions, acts of God, acts or threats of terrorism or war. If an event of force majeure occurs, The BJCC may suspend or terminate the Agreement by written notice to you.
- The law of Queensland as amended or varied from time to time governs these Terms. The parties agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland, the Federal Court of Australia, and of courts entitled to hear appeals from those Courts.
- The BJCC’s failure to enforce any of these Terms is not to be construed as a waiver or abandonment of any of the BJCC’s rights or remedies all of which are hereby reserved.If a clause is unenforceable it must be read down to be enforceable or, if it cannot be read down, the term must be severed from the Terms, without affecting the enforceability of the remaining terms.
Last updated September 2022
TICKETING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By opting to purchase tickets to a BJCC event, you agree to our Ticketing Terms and Conditions. Please note that the BJCC reserves the right to make changes, revisions and amendments to this set of terms and conditions without notification to you. Such changes will be reflected on our Site.
- Proof of purchased event ticket may be requested at the time of admission.
- Tickets are not to be duplicated for the purpose of falsifying entry.
- Proof of age or concession card may be requested.
- The BJCC reserves the right to refuse entry.
- The BJCC is solely responsible for all issues relating to the sale of tickets. If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact the BJCC at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Latecomers may have to wait to be admitted. Doors open at event commencement time.
- Please choose carefully as there are no refunds.
- If you would like to transfer your ticket to someone else, you may contact email@example.com up to 48 hours prior to the event with the complete details of your order and new ticket holder. The new ticket holder must be eligible to hold the same type of ticket i.e. you may not transfer a member ticket to a non-member. The BJCC will make the administrative change to the ticket holder only and will not process or redirect funds between parties.
- Tickets cannot be on-sold by any means at a price greater than the purchase price of the ticket. Scalped tickets may be cancelled, and the ticket holder denied entry.
- Any persons who are noisy, intoxicated, threatening or unruly will be asked to leave the premises.
- The BJCC has all rights to film, photo and video production of their events.
- If the event is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, the BJCC has the right to reschedule the event or issue a refund less an administration fee which is included in the price of the ticket.
- The BJCC does not take any responsibility for personal or financial damages suffered at the venue, or for any items lost, stolen or misplaced at the venue.
Last updated April 2022